Friday, August 29, 2008

Mud or Stars

"Two men looked out from prison bars; one saw mud, the other saw stars."

This struck me as totally true. We can look at life as though we're always on the short end of the stick or we can enjoy being where we are and find joy in it. We can really encourage ourselves by looking (and sometimes you have to look really hard) for the good things in our lives. We can make the little things that are blessings into BIG joys by thanking God for them, OR we can make the bad things into BIG problems that keep us from enjoying the life God gave us.

Here's another quote that kinda goes along with my thoughts:

"A happy person is not a person with a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes."

Now, I know that the only way to have joy is to have Jesus, but sometimes even though we have Jesus we're not really happy. We won't let ourselves be happy because we focus on the bad things in our lives. I'm not saying to ignore things, but just always try to look up. We have a heavenly Father who cares and even when the bad things come we can be joyous and happy when we delight ourselves in Him and all He's done for us.

So, I'll leave you until September 8th or so. God bless you! Look up and delight yourself in the Lord!

2 comments:

FeeDee said...

Hi Rachel! Thanks for your calming comment. I'm not sure what my issue was that day, but I was glad to get it off my chest, and even more happy to read a nice, calm, reasonable response. Thanks!

FeeDee

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

And I have added your Joyful Devotions to mine, too. God bless -- His word will not return void!